Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Garden walk, part two

Now, well, there are no steps. You've arrived at the first garden: the greenhouse garden. It is the newest one, it's six raised beds and one big flat one against the back of the icehouse and my garden shed. What greenhouse, you ask? The one that's not assembled yet in the garage. It's actually a coldframe.

This picture depresses me. All my tomatoes have uprooted their supports and have flopped over. The root veggies (carrots, parsnips, scorzonera, skirret) in the lower right bed are all beginning to stress out and rot in the ground. Tomorrow I will have to pull them all. Sniff.

Move on a few steps to the garden proper. Note scary weeds growing outside garden! It's surrounded by very chicken- and other critter-proof fencing though that keeps most unwanted creatures out. I just have to be diligent with dispatching the green unwanted creatures.

The onions appear to be drying well. Luckily, I pulled them a few days ago.

Beautiful artichoke, right?

Yeah, well look again. Stress! Soggy feet! Sadness!

No comments: